HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT POLICY
The health and safety of all Commercial and Residential Cleaning Services employees are an integral part of everything we do. We must strive to continuously improve our safe and healthy work environment and culture. At Clean Start Co., we are committed to helping our employees, our subcontractors, our clients, and the public remain safe and healthy and to the prevention of injury and illness. We are committed to the protection of the environment and to the prevention of pollution.
As an organisation, we are on a journey towards an interdependent safety culture built on trust, teamwork, workplace wellness and ownership of our Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) system by all Clean Start Co. employees. This strong foundation is key to our organisation’s success. We are committed to providing our people with the time and resources they need to be healthy, safe and environmentally responsible.
We strive to accomplish this by doing the following:
- Providing and maintaining a safe, healthy work environment
- Minimizing environmental impacts and optimizing the utilization of resources where we are able
- Continually improving HSE performance
- Ensuring that all employees and those working on our behalf understand their HSE responsibilities. All employees are encouraged to contribute actively towards achieving and promoting the objectives outlined in this policy
- Meeting or exceeding relevant occupational health and safety and environmental legislation
- Providing appropriate HSE training and supervision to enable employees to recognize and control hazards
- Providing employees with written instructions and personal protective equipment
- Regularly inspecting our work sites to identify and control hazardous conditions and practices
- Regularly communicating HSE issues with employees and interested parties and involving them in the development of initiatives
- Promptly investigating HSE incidents to identify causes and take appropriate corrective actions; and
- Regularly auditing our HSE systems against established standards to promote continuous improvement.
The Managing Director of Clean Start Co. is responsible for establishing and implementation of our HSE Policy and HSE objectives for the organisation.
Our Supervisors and operational teams are responsible for developing, communicating and maintaining a documented HSE program that meets Clean Start Co.’s objectives and standards.
Implementation of all our HSE plans are consistent with Clean Start Co.’s objectives and standards, on all our projects. This includes:
- Verifying that all contractors are approved by the Managing Director
- Assigning project staff that have received the HSE training required to perform their jobs in a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible manner; and
- Requiring that project staff follow written instructions.
Supervisors are responsible for confirming that project work is appropriately supervised, project-related HSE incidents are reported, investigated and corrective actions are implemented when required.
Employees are responsible for:
- Complying with legislative and Clean Start Co.’s internal HSE standards;
- Only operate equipment for which they have received proper training
- Working in a manner that will not endanger themselves or others;
- Using, caring for and maintaining their personal protective equipment; and
- Reporting hazardous and unhealthy working conditions and incidents to their supervisor or manager.
Employees are required to participate in activities to improve health, safety and environmental performance. All employees have the right and responsibility to refuse to perform work that they feel is unsafe.
Contractors and sub-contractors working directly for Clean Start Co. must be approved by the Managing Director. Clean Start Co.’s Managing Director will review and monitor the Health and Safety policies/standards and practices of all contractors and sub-contractors hired by Clean Start Co. They are responsible for conducting their work in a manner that meets or exceeds legislative and Clean Start Co.’s HSE standards.
This Policy shall be reviewed annually by Clean Start Co. Managing Director and updated as appropriate.